Custom paging

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Patrik
    Patrik avatar
    56 posts

Posted 24 Apr 2014 Link to this post

Hello!

I can't seem to find a way to implement custom paging in the RadFileExplorer control. I have created my own ContentProvider and I have tried to enable custom paging on the internal grid, but no paging events seems to occur. I really need custom paging since our database contains a lots of object and I don't want to retrieve all of them at once (some folders even time out). 

Is there a way to do this or must I create my own FileExplorer?

Best regards,
    Patrik Edberg
  2. Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2014 Link to this post

Hello Patrik,

RadFileExplorer does not offer the possibility to modify its built-in pager to limit the number of requested items for custom content provider. However, you can add custom PagerControl on the page and access it inside the content provider.

Please review the following KB article providing example on how to access the page from within the content provider.
    http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/fileexplorer/details/get-reference-to-the-page-object-inside-a-custom-filebrowsercontentprovider

Regards,
    Dobromir
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017