This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cursor position

4 Answers 391 Views
NumericTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason asked on 24 Mar 2016, 12:32 PM

How come when you tab into a numeric input the  cursor doesn't default to the end of the value in the box? Is there a way to get that behavior?

http://screencast.com/t/5GPbrxuM30

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Magdalena
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2016, 08:18 AM
Hello Jason,

We are not sure that we have understood you in the right way. We have record this video of Kendo numeric text box behavior and it seems to be same as in the video that you provided. Here is the tested Dojo sample. Could you please elaborate the question?

Regards,
Magdalena
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Srinivas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2020, 09:35 AM

Hi Magdalena,

I too require the behavior Jason asked. While tabbing through the numeric textboxes, the cursor goes to the beginning of the value. Instead, I want the cursor to go to the end of the value.

In the sample code (tested Dojo sample) you provided, it is the same behavior. consider  character '|' as the cursor, please see below.

Expected : value|

Actual: |value

hope

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2020, 08:14 AM

Hi Srinivas,

In order to achieve this behavior I would suggest using an approach similar to the one illustrated in this knowledge base article. Instead of selecting the entire value the code would place the cursor at the end. The updated logic would look similar to this:

https://dojo.telerik.com/iTinIQeL/2

Give the approach a try and let me know how it works for you.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Srinivas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2020, 04:37 PM

Hi Viktor,

Thanks a lot. That helped.

Regards

Srinivas

Tags
NumericTextBox
Asked by
Jason