This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Create reporting in mvc 5 using telerik reporting in Q2 2014

1 Answer 287 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prem asked on 24 Jul 2014, 06:36 AM
i followed this link (http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/mvc-report-viewer-extension-embedding.html) to integrated the telerik reporting Q2 2014 in my mvc application. In my homecontroller index view to design the html telerik reportviewer. I create a blank report and set the report to reportviewer reportsource. In the report i get the result to use web api service and  bind the collection of result to datasource in the NeedDataSource event, the event also fire and the datasource also accept the values but the problem is the result is not showing in my report viewer yet

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2014, 03:49 PM
Hello Prem,

A report document is actually a template you can design using our Report Designers, which template is repeated for each record in the assigned to it data. There is no auto-generate feature, so you should have created previously a report definition using fields existing in the used as data source object.

More information about starting with Telerik Reporting can be found in our Quickstart help section, the videos accompanying our online demos, and the local examples installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting <VERSION>\Examples\CSharp. There you can find an example with each of the available report viewers.

In this forum post you can find more general information how the HTML5 Report Viewer and Reporting REST service wor, and articles to compare your settings. Verify the Reporting REST service responds at the given URL and debug if the report's NeedDataSource event fires.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Prem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or