This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Create dynamic report

1 Answer 407 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sandra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sandra asked on 23 Dec 2013, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I have applied a RadDockLayout which includes two RadDockZones. The user can change it's layout which is saved in sqlserver. One of the dock zone includes asp repeater control which includes some divs and some other elements each with float left in css. The other dock zone includes only one RadTextBox.

Now I want to create it's telerik report with the same layout the user has saved also with same design. Can anybody please tell me how would I create such a dynamic report? Also, if possible please provide some sample codes.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2013, 01:31 PM
Hello Sandra,

We have replied in your support ticket about the same inquiry. 

Basically, you can read the layouts stored in the database and based on some custom logic "translate" them into report definitions built with reporting items. Our suggestion is to create a sample layout with your custom UI and determine which reporting items will be required to recreate the same layout using the report designer. Then check the code generated in the report's Designer.cs(vb) file and reuse it to create the report dynamically. More details on how to do this can be found in the Programmatic Control of Reports help section.

Note that you can allow end-users to create the layout of their reports by themselves using the Standalone Designer.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Sandra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question
or