This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Crashing with More than 300 Resources

2 Answers 32 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 16 Jun 2013, 10:05 PM
Hi, 

For an application we have decided to use Telerik Scheduling control. In our scenario 1 to 100 resources from a resource list might be assigned to an appointment. The resources might be more than 2500. We use an MVVM model, for test purpose we have created an Observable collection property for ResourcesTypes, have created one ResourceType and have populated the Resources collection with the name of resources. Now the problem is when we fill the resources collection with more than 300 records, after two or three times refreshing the control (repopulating the collection), the application some how crashes, it cannot download information from the RIA services, sometimes shows COM exception and .... We are sure that the source of the problem is the number of records, since if keep the number of resources less than 200, the refreshment works even with more than 50 times and everything works fine. May you have any suggestion?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2013, 01:45 PM
Knock Knock! Is anybody here?
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Mike,

I am afraid that RadScheduleView is not designed to work with so many resources. I would suggest to check the attached project in this forum thread as it demonstrates how you could implement resources paging.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yana
Telerik team