This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Courseware for VS2010?

9 Answers 107 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
matt asked on 25 Oct 2010, 10:41 PM
Im trying to upgrade the web project and getting object ref not found errors..

Also its trying to create virt directories when I load the vs2008 project..

Will there be a VS2010 version soon  ?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 08:37 AM
Hi matt,

By default the projects in the courseware are targetting Framework 3.5. When you try to open a solution with Visual Studio 2010 -  all you need is to convert the solution by the Visual Studio Conversion Wizard and the project is ready for use.

There will be new Courseware after  Q3 2010 Release comes out. We are planning to add 3 more chapters describing the new controls created.

Could you please tell me which project you are trying to run and have problems with?

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 03:03 PM
For example. I download the courseware. I load up active skill add finish page. I allow it to create the 2 virt directories. I convert it to 4.0.
I build it. Set directory to NOT read only.  I set Login.aspx as the start page.
I get the error below

I then try to 'upgrade wizard' the web site and I get the 'object not set to reference..' error..

any idea?  If not, Ill just give it another try when Q3 comes out.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 115:				<add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
Line 116:			
Line 117: <add assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4"/>Line 118:				<add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>
Line 119:				<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 01:37 PM
Hello matt,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the examples of type "ActiveSkill" when you try to open them with VS 2010. All of the examples are created under VS 2008. We'll do the needful to be opened and ran successfully under VS 2010.

By that time please use Visual Studio 2008 to open the projects from the Courseware.

I gave you points for finding the problem. 

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2011, 10:15 PM
I have the same problem and when I try to open the example in AJAX file->CS->MarterPage in VS2008 i have an error that they can find the reference to telerik.dll and when I add any control for my toolboks in VS2008 to the proyect it show me the same erro that it using the dll from 2008.
I am testing this for buy the product but I would like to open the example because I dont going to read 800 page and doing all this example for decide.
Please if you can provide a solution for open these example it going to be very useful. But the way I use VS2010 I have the old one but I work in 2010
Thank you
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2011, 10:18 PM
I just download the examples today I these example are in VS2008!
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2011, 04:18 PM
Hello Denis,

You'll need to remove the references to "Telerik.Web.UI" in the web.config file as they are outdated and cause errors. Also if you find reference to "Telerik.Charting" in some of the example's web.config files - please remove them too:

<add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121FAE78165BA3D4"/>
                <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
                <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

This will be fixed in the next courseware.

Please accept my apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2011, 11:29 PM
Thank you I am going to test it with that solution.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2011, 06:51 PM
Veronica (or anyone else),
You had mentioned there would be new courseware after the Q3 2010 release came out.
It is now Q3 2011 and I don't see any changes to the courseware. I'm looking on http://www.telerik.com/support/documentation-and-tutorials/step-by-step-tutorial-for-ajax.aspx.

Am I looking at the wrong spot? The 900 page PDF I see seems to be about 3 years old and still ships with VS 2008 project examples.

I just want to make sure I'm learning the right way.

Thanks.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2011, 07:38 AM
Hello David,

Since January we had two uploads of the courseware pdf which was updated with information for the controls and features and we will have one more till the end of the week. However we are still working on updating the projects to Visual Studio 2010. We hope to finish with that task with the next official release. For now, you will have to manually upgrade them to the version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX you are using.

All the best,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veronica
Telerik team
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1