Could not load file or assembly. VS2008 and Prom. 2007.31218

35 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ivo
    Admin
    Ivo avatar
    689 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2008 Link to this post

Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback -- we have been working on improving the install experience under Vista as well as the design-time in Visual Studio 2008.

I am happy to let you know that we have addressed all reported issues and things are much better now. We are currently running thorough QA on the internal build and it will be available for download with the scheduled SP2 in the last week of February.

If any of you is willing to try the build even before the Service Pack release please send us a support message

All the best,
    Ivo
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  2. Rick Glos
    Rick Glos avatar
    2 posts

Posted 19 Feb 2008 Link to this post

Thanks Mike for your work.  Fixed my issue as well.
  3. Chris
    Chris avatar
    6 posts

Posted 20 Mar 2009 Link to this post

The Forums warns me: "This is an old post and the information may be outdated. "

Its a surprise then that I have just had to use Mike's fix on the latest version, and its March 2009, two years on - its still an issue! (Fix still works though!)
  4. Sebastian
    Admin
    Sebastian avatar
    9934 posts

Posted 20 Mar 2009 Link to this post

Hello Chris,

Please review the following online resources which elaborate on why the Telerik.Web.Design.dll has been separated from the Telerik.Web.UI.dll again and how to perform troubleshooting when encountering designer errors:

http://blogs.telerik.com/atanaskorchev/posts/09-03-06/Meet_Telerik_Web_Design_dll.aspx
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/troubleshooting.html (the bottom section of the article)

Best regards,
    Sebastian
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Craig Morgan
    Craig Morgan avatar
    2 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2009 Link to this post

Thanks!!!