This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.Design, Version=2010.1.309.35, ..

8 Answers 968 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brew Hutch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brew Hutch asked on 19 Apr 2010, 08:00 PM
I use the RadMenu and it works fine on my pc. When I move the project to the web server, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.Design, Version=2010.1.309.35,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified

What am I missing? 

Appreciate your help

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 07:35 AM

Hello Brew Hutch,

When using VS 2008, both the Telerik.Web.UI.dll and Telerik.Web.Design.dll files should reside either in the GAC or the bin folder of your application. Do you have a reference to the Telerik.Web.Design assembly in your project/GAC?

Please review the following blog post in order to avoid the unexpected behavior:

Meet Telerik.Web.Design.dll

Also checkout the following links.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI'

Telerik Web Design Assembly

-Shinu.

Brew Hutch
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 03:26 PM
solved it!!!

Thanks
DOMINGOS
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Dec 2010, 02:22 PM
Hello. The same problem with me. I follow the steps and nothing... But after closed VS 2008 and copying DLL to /BIN and loadind VS 2008 APP again was fixed. My case was : NET 4.0 to NET 3.5. Any problems i think be master in Telerik tools... A great tools without doubts.

domingostorres@yahoo.com.br
Le Duc Hieu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 09:42 AM
hi friends
i also got the same problem althought i've tried so many ways but havent found out the solution yet, my bug is "

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)", anyone else can resolve this bug please help me.

Simon
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 10:06 AM
Hello Le Duc Hieu,

This is a version mismatch - the references point to a specific version and different one is actually deployed.

Please re-add your references, i.e. fist completely remove them from your project and then add them again.

All the best,
Simon
the Telerik team
Le Duc Hieu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 11:03 AM
hi Admin.

i've already removed and added it again but it occurs a new bug because before there was an Telerik.Charting.dll in my project that's a former assembly, then i added newer version of telerik web controls "Telerik.Web.UI.dll" so i had to remove it from my project because the namespace Telerik.Charting already exists in both of two assemblies, then i reset my web.config for upgrading to new version when i build it's successfull and notifications say that up to date but when i run web pages a new bug occurs and it says "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified", if i add the Telerik.Charting.dll again the bug will occur again and it says the namespace Telerik.Charting already exists in both Telerik.Charting and Telerik.Web.UI assemblies, so what must i do to fix this issue?

the Telerik.Charting.dll is the older version and that one is the newer.

im using visual web developer 2008 express edition and telerik web controls for ajax 2009.

kind regards.
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 03:05 PM
Hi Le Duc Hieu,

The "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763" error occurs because there is a leftover reference to this assembly, probably in your web.config. Please verify this and remove the reference.

Kind regards,
Simon
the Telerik team
Le Duc Hieu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Mar 2011, 03:44 AM
hi Admin.

i've carefully verified my web.config but still not found any leftover references, i think this issue occurs when the former web developer converted my web project to web application and the dll of my project not deloyed agian every time i rebuild it so it causes the bug, the leftover reference of Telerik.Charting must be in the web application dll, im using visual web developer 2008 express edition so it lacks the part of web application, maybe the former web developer must have build with visual studio 2008 full edition so i now gotta install web flatform to upgrade my current edition before carrying on developing my website, anyway thanks for your assistance, Admin, u are so pro and the Telerik Web UI is also a great tool for web development.

kind regards.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Brew Hutch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Brew Hutch