Could not load file or assembly Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2014.2.918.1

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sherman
    Sherman avatar
    21 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hi there, I'm currently testing the deployment of my Web API which integrates with Telerik's DataAccess. When I try to access one of my web api calls from Chrome browser, I get the following error message saying, "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2014.2.918.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I am currently using GoDaddy as my web hosting provider. I have double checked to ensure the DLL is already in the bin folder for my Web API project. I have no issues running my Web API locally ofcourse.

Appreciate that someone can get back to me ASAP on this matter.
  2. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    100 posts

Posted 15 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hello Sherman,

From the information provided, it seems that there might be some deployment issues.

I would like to point you to this blog post that contain a few general recommendations on deploying application that consume Telerik Data Access.

I think that the first step to resolving this issue is to make sure that recommendations are followed. Please let us know if this indeed solves the issue.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,
    Boyan
    Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Alfredo
    Alfredo avatar
    3 posts

Posted 18 Feb in reply to Boyan Link to this post

I AM NOT using telerik.openaccess i am using reporting but the project doest compile

the build error is Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version