This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly

7 Answers 639 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
FRANCISCO C P RODRIGUES
Top achievements
Rank 1
FRANCISCO C P RODRIGUES asked on 01 Oct 2011, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I installed the RadControls for WinForms (version: 2011.2 11.831 (Aug 31, 2011)) in my VS-2010 (Windows Vista). I upgraded the RadControls from version 2011.1 11.419. I installed the new version using the ".msi" file. After completing the the installation process, I upgrade my solution with the "Telerik | RadControls for Winforms| Upgrade Wizard" menu option and rebuild it.
When I run the application I'm receiving the following exception:

Exception Type:        System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Exception Message:     Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.WinControls.UI, Version=2011.2.11.712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Francisco

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2011, 04:45 PM
Hello Francisco,

Thank you for contacting us.

From your post it seems that you have updated from 2011.1 11.419 to 2011.2 11.831, but for some reason the project is looking for version 2011.2.11.712. May be there was an incomplete update to 2011.2.11.712 before trying to update to the latest version.

As quickest solution I would advise you to remove all the Telerik references and then run the convert wizard.

I hope this helps. Please, do not hesitate to write us back if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 03:04 PM
Hi!

"As quickest solution I would advise you to remove all the Telerik references and then run the convert wizard."

How to do it?

I have such problem:

Test method SFT.SystemCases.SystemTabSystemUserCreation threw exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ArtOfTest.Common.TraceInfo' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.TestingFramework.Interop, Version=2011.2.928.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8ca00d3e0ebd4b8b' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

TestCleanup method SFT.SystemCases.MyTestCleanup threw exception. System.TypeInitializationException: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ArtOfTest.Common.TraceInfo' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.TestingFramework.Interop, Version=2011.2.928.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8ca00d3e0ebd4b8b' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2012, 12:09 PM
Hello Andrey,

It seems that the required Telerik DLLs are not presented on the machine. Please make sure that the machine where you are running your tests has at least the Telerik Testing Framework installed. This is required even if you built the test on a different machine and now you're just trying to run the DLLs with a runner on this one.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Roxana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2013, 12:15 PM
Hello!

If I understand this correctly... the clients that want to use the application developed with Telerik win forms components are forced to have Telerik RadControls for WinForms installed on their computers??? Or " at least Telerik Testing Framework"
This doesn't sound really good to me.

For example I've used Telerik WPF RadControls and this problem never occurred.... My applications would run on any client.

Is there any work around?

Roxana
Roxana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2013, 12:16 PM
If there is none  -I'm afraid I'll just have to drop using Telerik's components
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 15 May 2013, 12:31 PM
Hi Roxana,

No, clients that want to use application created with RadControls for WinForms does not need either of the suits installed. If you want to deploy an app created with RadControls for WinForms to your end users, please refer to the following article, which describes the permitted ways to do that: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/installation-deployment-and-distribution-redestributing-telerik-radcontrols-for-windows.html.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Roxana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2013, 01:17 PM
Thank you Stefan!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
FRANCISCO C P RODRIGUES
Top achievements
Rank 1