First comment to the screen shot you sent is that I am trying to build a WPF application not Silverlight.
About the problem I wanted to summarize all the posts here so that we know all the information at one place
When this XAML is loaded in Designer I get the error message: 'Could
not create an instance of type 'RadDocking''. However when I run this
application it runs fine. The problem happens for even the simplest of XAML (see attached snapshot). There is definitely something wrong.
| Title="Window1" Height="300" Width="300"
| <radDock:RadDocking Name="radDocking1" />
1. The problem has happened on multiple PCs and different users (see comments by other forum members in this thread). It is not a one off thing.
2. When you create the project and add a new component, XAML works fine, the problem starts when you build the project.
3. The Demo project shipped with the RadControls for WPF doesn't have this problem. Main difference I observed in the XAML header is reference to 'QuickStart' and 'qsf' tag
4. This issue is not limited to RadDocking. It applies to all the controls.
1. Visual Studio 2008 SP 1 (ver: 9.0.30729.1)
2. MS .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1
4. OS: Windows XP Pro (Other users have seen this issue on Windows 7 as well)
If you still can't figure out what is the problem, I will have to just figure out another product to use. In the current state the controls are unusable.