Control_TargetTypeMismatch on Adding RadGridView

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Robert Kaucher
    Robert Kaucher avatar
    56 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 18 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    I'm getting a Control_TargetTypeMismatch when I try to add a RadGridView or a few other controls. The Rad DDS works fine. I'd say more than 90% of the controls do not work.

    Before this occured I had upgraded to the 2011 Q2 release and then to the latest internal build (July, 18, 2011) and then ran the upgrade wizard on my project. I also tried just doing a rebuild and then adding the controls but still no luck. I verified that I had nothing hanging out in
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies

    and there was no change.


  2. Erjan Gavalji
    Admin
    Erjan Gavalji avatar
    1455 posts

    Posted 19 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Robert,

    Sorry for not being able to provide a direct answer to the problem, the reason is we haven't observed it locally.

    Can you check what is the TargetFramework setting of your project? Is it .NET 4.0 ClientProfile, or is it .NET 4.0 full?

    Kind regards,
    Erjan Gavalji
    the Telerik team

    Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Robert Kaucher
    Robert Kaucher avatar
    56 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 21 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Erjan,

    I think you are confusing the configuration of the csproject file of another project with a Silverlight project. There is no TargetFrameworkProfile tag in the XML of any of my Silverlight projects' csproject files... Other than that tag I'm not sure where to look for that information.
  5. Erjan Gavalji
    Admin
    Erjan Gavalji avatar
    1455 posts

    Posted 22 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Robert,

    Indeed, you are perfectly right, please excuse that - I hadn't check the product line.

    Back to the problem, I just did some more digging about this error as I could not reproduce it on a test machine. I found we had a similar report before and the solution a customer reported was that their project was referring older versions of the RadControls assemblies than the ones they had installed.

    Can you check the property boxes of the RadControls references of your project? Do they have the version 2011.2.718.1040?

    Another thing that could give us some more information is:
    1) Create a new Silverlight project
    2) Drag a RadControl to the page
    3) Check the version of the assemblies that got added to the project

    If it different than 2011.2.718.1040, that would mean that the problem happens because the versions of the ToolboxItem assemblies differs from the version of the assemblies in your other project. You could run the ToolboxConfigurator (Telerik -> RadControls for Silverlight -> Launch Toolbox Configurator menu item in Visual Studio) to update the Toolbox to the latest version.

    Let me know if these helped.

    Kind regards,
    Erjan Gavalji
    the Telerik team

    Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

  6. Robert Kaucher
    Robert Kaucher avatar
    56 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 01 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    After trying a number of things, including those you suggested, I gave up and did an uninstall/reinstall of the product. That seems to have fixed it. For productivity's sake I probably should have tried that even before I submitted this thread. Regardless - all is well now. Thanks for your time!
Back to Top
DevCraft banner