Connection string removed

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. MikeP
    MikeP avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2013

    Posted 27 Sep 2013 Link to this post

    In my project I have two connection strings, one for the database and another for an AD connection. When I update my model using the wizard, my web.config file is being modified to update the connectionString entry for the database, which is fine, but it's removing the other connection string entry related to the AD.

    Is this by design? Can it be turned off? What if I kept the connection strings in a different .config file?

    Regards,

    Mike
  2. Boris Georgiev
    Admin
    Boris Georgiev avatar
    190 posts

    Posted 02 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Mike,

    First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. It seems this is an issue on our side. The problem occurs, because the AD connection string doesn't have an attribute providerName.

    If it is applicable for you, as a workaround, I would recommend you to add an empty providerName attribute - providerName="" to the AD connection string.

    Find your Telerik Points updated for the new bug you have helped us identify.

    We will notify you in this thread when a build containing the fix is available.
     
    Regards,
    Boris Georgiev
    Telerik
    OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 Beta is available for immediate download in your account. Get it now and play with the latest bits. See what's new >>
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. MikeP
    MikeP avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2013

    Posted 11 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Boris,

    That did take care of the issue. After publishing DB changes, my AD connection string remained.

    Can you also need to looking at the formatting code when it modifies the web.config? After modifying the web.config, the code is putting all of the connection strings on a single line. It doesn't break anything, it's just an aesthetic issue.

    Thank you for your help.

    Regards,

    Mike 
  5. MikeP
    MikeP avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2013

    Posted 11 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Sorry, there does still seem to be a critical issue. When I tried to publish the site, I received this error:
    Configuration Error
    Parser Error Message: The connection string specified in 'activeDirectoryConnectionString' does not appear to be a valid LDAP connection string.

    This is the string as created after publishing the db changes:
    <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="ldap://x.x.x.x/ou=&quot;Consoto,DC=consoto,DC=domain&quot;" providerName="" />

    This is what is should be:
    <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://x.x.x.x/OU=Consoto,DC=consoto,DC=domain" providerName="" />

    As you can see, it has added some &quot; html codes.

    Mike
  6. Boris Georgiev
    Admin
    Boris Georgiev avatar
    190 posts

    Posted 16 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    Unfortunately there is no workaround for this issue.

    We have located the issue, but the development for the next official release of Telerik OpenAccess ORM - Q3 2013 is complete, so the fix will be available in the Q3 2013 SP1 release of OpenAccess ORM.

    Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

    Regards,
    Boris Georgiev
    Telerik
    OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 Beta is available for immediate download in your account. Get it now and play with the latest bits. See what's new >>
Back to Top
DevCraft banner