This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Conditional Formatting

10 Answers 153 Views
SpreadProcessing
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vladimir Skvortsov asked on 21 Mar 2016, 06:53 AM

Hello, Telerik,

Is Conditional Formatting supported in RadSpreadProcessing? If not, will it be ever available?

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2016, 01:18 PM
Hi Vladimir,

RadSpreadProcessing currently doesn't support Conditional Formatting and the feature is stripped from the documents while importing. We have already logged a task to add this functionality. I am afraid that it is not scheduled for implementation at this point and I am unable to give you a time frame when it might be available. You could vote and subscribe to the public item in order to receive updates about any status changes on it.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2016, 06:01 AM
But, why is it stripped while importing? Actually, I don't need this feature, I just want this formatting to be preserved while importing. It looks strange: I export some excel document, then import it without modifying, and all my conditional formatting is gone.
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2016, 04:51 PM
Hi Vladimir,

In many of the cases, a particular feature is related to different parts of the document model and keeping it in the document is not a suitable solution as it could lead to producing invalid documents containing broken relations.

The conditional formatting often depends on the theme of the document and preserving it with a wrong theme name, for example, would make the document invalid and may result in a crash when trying to open it.

Hope this makes things clear.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2016, 06:58 AM
All this can be managed through simple boolean property 'ApplyConditionalFormatting' which equals 'false' by default. And if I want to keep conditional formatting in document, I would just set it to 'true' and use it on my own risk.
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2016, 04:28 PM
Hi Vladimir,

We do our best to test all the features we include in each product and provide stable, ready-to-use functionalities. I’m afraid introducing a similar property could cause unstable behavior, which goes against our best practices and is not something we’re considering right now.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2017, 09:21 AM

Hello,

Any progress?

Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2017, 08:13 AM
Hello Vladimir,

The item is with relatively high priority in the backlog and we are going to discuss the possibilities for including it in one of our next releases when planning the tasks that will be implemented. However, it is still not scheduled at this point. Since you are already subscribed to the public item, you will receive a notification once we start working on it. 

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 23 Nov 2017, 02:02 PM

Hello

Is there a feature request online, which can be monitored?

I would like to be informed when it is available.

Thanks and best regards,

Roger

Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 23 Nov 2017, 02:04 PM

Ok, found it:

https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/184/Feedback/Details/190114-spreadprocessing-add-support-for-conditional-formatting

Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2017, 03:23 PM
Hi Roger,

The feature request you have found is indeed the one for the conditional formatting functionality. I can see that you already cast your vote for its implementation and subscribed to the item, so you will receive notifications when the status of the task changes.

Regards,
Tanya
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
SpreadProcessing
Asked by
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tanya
Telerik team
Vladimir Skvortsov
Top achievements
Rank 1