Thank you for writing to us. I will get straight to your questions:
1. When app is deployed, a separate app icon is getting created. I thought that my app should be deployed under companion app. is that correct.
actually provides you with a few options for running your apps on mobile devices:
- In AppBuilder Windows client, you can build and deploy on connected devices, on remote devices, or in the AppBuilder companion app.
- In AppBuilder in-browser client, you can build and deploy on remote devices or in the AppBuilder companion app.
- In the AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio, you can build and deploy on connected devices, on remote devices, or in the AppBuilder companion app.
In order to run your apps in the companion app, you should follow the steps outlined in this tutorial
. In your case, as you noted that there is a separate icon for your app created on your device, I suppose you have either deployed the app on a remote device as described in the Run app on remote devices from the AppBuilder in-browser client
tutorial or on a connected device by hitting the Build and Deploy
option from the AppBuilder Run
2. When I make any changes to my app, these changes are getting reflected in my device app immediately. To get the changes I have to deploy again. Is it not possible to get my changed effect immediately once I save my changes?
- You should be able to make changes to the project in the code editor and see those changes applied in real time in the simulator and across devices.
There are a few LiveSync
options available within AppBuilder
and they are further described in the LiveSyncing Your Changes
tutorial. However, please have in mind that we currently have a known issue with our LiveSync
feature which will be addressed with the AppBuilder 2.2
I hope this information will help you. Still, please don't hesitate to write back if you have more questions.
Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!