This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Combobox Modify Default Theme Q1 2010

2 Answers 55 Views
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Todd Miller
Top achievements
Rank 1
Todd Miller asked on 29 Mar 2010, 04:10 PM
I am using Q1 2010 and am a bit perplexed by the new visual style builder. I understand how it works I just can't get it too do what I want. This is what I want to do:

1. Load the default theme for the combobox.
  2. Make null item text a different color.
  3. When a null value is selected the border of the combobox is yellow.

This is probably easy and intuitive but I had finally conquered the old style builder and just don't have the time to tamper around with this one until I get it right. Any insight on this would be great. Thanks!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 01:04 PM
Hello Todd Miller,

Thank you for the questions.

I am afraid that currently you can not load the ControlDefault theme because it has not yet been reworked according to the new theming mechanism. Old themes are not editable in the new VSB and you can only extract repository items which will help you in recreating the theme. For more information, please refer to our online documentation.

Fortunately, you do not need to do this because we will provide three of the old themes which will be editable in the new VSB. These are ControlDefault, Desert and Breeze. They will be available for the service pack which will be available in the first half of April.

Setting the null text color to a different color via themes is currently not possible out of the box, because there has to be a RadProperty which indicates whether the text is null or empty. This property will be available in the upcoming service pack. You will be able to set a null text color when the combo box is in a null text state.

Also, since there will be a null text state, you will be able to set the border to any color you would like.
Please write again if you have other questions.

All the best,
Victor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Todd Miller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 01:20 PM
Perfect thanks! I'll look for that build in April.
Tags
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Asked by
Todd Miller
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Todd Miller
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or