This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ComboBox List Not Readable with Office2007Black Theme

3 Answers 169 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cristi Beres
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cristi Beres asked on 26 May 2010, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I am using the Office2007Black in a WinForms application.

On my Main form's Initialization I have put the following line:
ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "Office2007Black";

The problem is that for all the combo boxes, be it either a stand alone RadComboBox control or a GridViewComboBoxColumn inside a RadGridView, the background on the drop down list is dark gray (almost black) while the text is black, which makes it unreadable.

As far as I can tell, even though it seems off, this is the default theme behavior...

How would one fix this issue?

Thanks,
Cristi

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Cristi Beres,

Thank you for writing.

The theme on your screenshot is the old Office2007Black theme. You can change the old theme by using the old Visual Style Builder tool. To do this you have to use a version before Q1 2010. I would strongly suggest however that you upgrade to the latest release and use the new Office2007Black theme. It does not suffer from this issue and has a consistent look and feel. Moreover, all controls are now skinned and look better overall.

Please write again if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Victor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Cristi Beres
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 12:17 AM
Hi Victor,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the Q1 2010 version of the controls, however, I still have the problem with the theme.

I was able to work around it by setting the fore color for the drop downs with something like this:

foreach (Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadComboBoxItem item in this.radComboBox1.Items) {
                item.ForeColor = Color.White;
            }

Unfortunately, this works only for the radComboBox control. I couldn't figure out how I could do the same thing for a GridViewLookUpColumn inside a radGridView.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cristi
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 04:12 PM
Hello Cristi Beres,

Thank you for writing.

After upgrading the theme should look fine. I did not see you mentioning Q1 2010 SP2 though. However, it is important that you update not just to Q1 2010, but to its SP2. The new theme in this version looks like the attached screenshot. In case you have already updated your Telerik version to Q1 2010 SP2, please list the assemblies related to Telerik controls for Windows Forms that appear in your GAC as well as their version numbers. I have a hunch there might be multiple versions in your GAC and your project is referencing the wrong theme.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Victor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Cristi Beres
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Cristi Beres
Top achievements
Rank 1