This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ComboBox icon offset with new release 2014.1.403

6 Answers 32 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jay asked on 08 Apr 2014, 04:28 PM
Just dropped in the 2014.1.403 version and everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT for the ComboBox: in IE8, the ComboBox's icon is offset about halfway down. I've attached a screencap so you can see what I'm talking about. We were previously running 2013.2.717.

It seems to be fine in firefox and chrome, haven't gotten a chance to try other versions of IE yet. Also, if I visit the ComboBox demo pages in IE8, those seem to be fine too.

Any thoughts?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 08 Apr 2014, 08:04 PM
I spoke too soon. I just went to this demo page

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/rendermode/defaultcs.aspx

and cilcked the Lightweight render mode, and the icon is rendered offset just like I am seeing (in IE8).
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 08 Apr 2014, 08:31 PM
A bit more info. When visiting this page: https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/rendermode/defaultcs.aspx

With IE7, the ComboBox renders correctly for all three choices and remains functional.

With IE8, the ComboBox does not render correctly for the Lightweight choices, and for all three choices acts like it is disabled.

With IE9, the ComboBox renders correctly for all three choices and remains functional.

With IE10, the ComboBox always renders the same way for any choice (does not not render correctly for the Lightweight/Native choices), and for all three choices acts like it is disabled.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 12:02 PM
Well, it appears the corporate firewall is somehow playing into this, as off network, the disabled-ness in IE10 disappears. However, the rendering issue still seems to be valid.
Accepted
Magdalena
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 01:13 PM
Hello Jay,

Actually this is an issue of lightweight render mode, reproduced in IE8. Please, apply the following workaround to resolve the issue
@media \0screen {
    html .RadComboBox .rcbActionButton .rcbIcon {
        top: 0;
    }
}

Regards,
Magdalena
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks, I'd done a similar workaround except I used

margin-top: -16px

which seemed to provide a similar effect. I will switch to your suggestion, though.
Magdalena
Telerik team
answered on 10 Apr 2014, 07:38 AM
Hi Jay,

I am glad that you find a workaround. If there is some problem with the workaround that I have provided, please let me know.

Regards,
Magdalena
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Jay
Top achievements