This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Column Widths

8 Answers 59 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 11 Aug 2015, 01:23 PM

Hi,

Having recently installed the new Q2 2015 SP1 version of the controls I have noticed that some of my grids behave differently.  Before if columns didn't have a specific width they'd expand to fill the width of the grid.  Now they don't.

Any suggestion on what change could be causing this behavior?

Regards

Jon

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2015, 02:33 PM
Hi,

May I ask you to download the latest internal build available for download in your account and let me know if the same issue with column widths is still observed.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2015, 02:46 PM

Hi Pavlina,

That did the trick although I had a nightmare getting it working as the dll was playing up and I had to manually install in the GAC to get it going.  First time that I can remember having to do that.

Regards

Jon

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2015, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Next time I would recommend you follow the steps provided in the article below while upgrading to a newer version:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/installation/upgrading-instructions/upgrading-a-trial-to-a-developer-license-or-to-a-newer-version#upgrade-to-a-newer-version-of-telerik-ui-for-aspnet-ajax

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Aug 2015, 07:59 AM

Hi Pavlina,

Thats what I initially tried - I've done the internal build updates before.  I suspect that something else may have been causing issues with this one.

Regards

Jon

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2015, 02:00 PM
Hi,

I hope that you will not encounter any issues with the future updates. Do not hesitate to contact is in case further questions or problems arise.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Aug 2015, 01:27 PM
I am using 2015 Q2 and experiencing the same issues.  The columns are not resizing to file the entire width and the column headers don't align with the data.  It is a strange issue as it happens sometimes and sometimes not.  Does the 2015 SP1 fix the issue or do I need th internal build?
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2015, 03:38 PM
Hello,

Q2 2015 SP2 release is already available for download. Please test your application with this version and let us know if you still have the same problems.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2015, 07:13 AM

Hi Pavlina,

I'd noticed that it was available yesterday and yes it works perfectly thanks.  No sign of any issues with the new dlls this time either :)

Regards

Jon

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Jon