Column Resize

8 posts, 1 answers
  1. Nathan
    Nathan avatar
    24 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2010 Link to this post

This cannot be this difficult.  When I set the AllowColumnResize = 'true' the grid still won't allow me to resize the column header.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="MyClientsViewGrid" runat="server"   
            AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True"   
            AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" AllowSorting="True" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"   
            GridLines="None" Skin="Web20" ShowFooter="True">  

<ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="true" ReorderColumnsOnClient="true">  
                <Resizing AllowRowResize="True" EnableRealTimeResize="True" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing> 
          </ClientSettings> 

<HeaderContextMenu Skin="Web20">  
                <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
            </HeaderContextMenu> 

<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="ListValueID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" CommandItemDisplay="TopAndBottom" > 
                <Columns> 
                </Columns> 
            </MasterTableView> 

<FilterMenu Skin="Web20">  
                <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
            </FilterMenu> 
        </telerik:RadGrid> 

I found this article but it isn't allowing me to resize (The icon doesn't change into the Resizer)
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdresizingcolumns.html  

2. Nathan
    Nathan avatar
    24 posts

He is a better screenshot...

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Mark Galbreath
    Mark Galbreath avatar
    171 posts

I am using 2009.Q3.1314 and when AllowColumnResize="true" there isn't any icon or tag indicating anything has changed.  However, if you carefully hover the cursor between columns in the header, it with change to a horizontal thin blue double-headed arrow and a tool-tip will popup stating that the column (to the left of the arrow) can be resized.

Cheers!
    Mark
  5. Nathan
    Nathan avatar
    24 posts

I have version 2008.3.1504.35 and it does not do this for me.
  6. Dimo
    Admin
    Dimo avatar
    8333 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2010 Link to this post

Hello Nathan,

I can think of two reasons for the problem -

1) a Javascript error on the page - please check

2) depending on the browser (e.g. IE8), column resizing may not work if you have margin applied to the <body> tag. Try setting margin:0. This problem is fixed in later versions.

Regards,
    Dimo
    the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
  7. Nathan
    Nathan avatar
    24 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2010 Link to this post

1.  No, I don't have any javascript errors, I just double checked.
    2.  I am actually using a contents page and not a regular webform so I don't have any body tags...

In Addition this only show my Horizonal lines and not the Verticle ones.
    .MasterTableView.GridLines = GridLines.Both 

Seems like something is wrong here...
  8. Answer
    Dimo
    Admin
    Dimo avatar
    8333 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2010 Link to this post

Hi Nathan,

Well, you have a <body> tag somewhere - if you are using a master page, then it is there - set zero margins for it.

As for your question about GridLines - this ASP.NET property uses an obsolete HTML attribute and we don't recommend using it, because it is easily overridden by the RadGrid skin. I suggest you to tweak the control's CSS styles:

http://blogs.telerik.com/dimodimov/posts/08-06-17/how_to_override_styles_in_a_radcontrol_for_asp_net_ajax_embedded_skin.aspx

Actually, the Web20 skin has both horizontal and vertical borders by default - you don't need to set anything in order to see them.

If you need further assistance, please send a simple demo.

Best wishes,
    Dimo
    the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
  9. Nathan
    Nathan avatar
    24 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2010 Link to this post

Downloading SP1 for 2008 resolved this issue for me.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017