This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick in RadControls_WinForms_2009_3

3 Answers 193 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adrian Dinu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adrian Dinu asked on 10 Feb 2010, 12:54 PM

I want to report 2 issues:
   1. The Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadRibbonBar is not correctly implement the System.ComponentModel.INotifyPropertyChanged ( see propeties like Expanded and CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick)
   2. The property CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick of the Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadRibbonBar does not work

Desired behaviour
: Given a form with an expanded RadRibbonBar docked, the groups and buttons to be always visible( to disable the collapsing of the RadRibbonBar)

Expected behaviour: Given a form with an expanded RadRibbonBar docked with the property CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick setted to false. Any user double click maded at run-time on the tab ribbon buttons to not collapse the ribbon bar.

Steps to reproduce: Create a new WinForms solution. In the designer of the form insert from the toolbox a new RadRibbonBar. Add a tab(click on the Add New Tab ... button and insert a text), a group( click on the Add New Group ... button and insert a text) and a button in the group ( in the group bounds right click and from the contextual menu choose Add an item > RadButtonElement).
Open the code window by right clicking in the designer surface area and choosing from the contextual menu View code.
Insert in the form constructor, immediately after the InitializeComponent(); method call

this.radRibbonBar1.PropertyChanged += new PropertyChangedEventHandler(radRibbonBar1_PropertyChanged);  
  this.radRibbonBar1.Expanded = true;  
  this.radRibbonBar1.CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick = true;  
  this.radRibbonBar1.CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick = false;  

Insert a new method in the form class:

void radRibbonBar1_PropertyChanged(object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)  
    {  
        if ("CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick" == e.PropertyName || "Expanded" == e.PropertyName)  
                this.Text = string.Format("CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick {0}       Expanded {1}"this.radRibbonBar1.CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick, this.radRibbonBar1.Expanded);  
    }  

Run the application and double click the tab button( not the button in the group). Expected state of the form: a title bar with the text: CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick false       Expanded true and the ribbon bar to be expanded( the group to be visible)

Could you please help me to reach the desired scenario described earlier? 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2010, 09:44 AM
Hello Adrian,

Thanks for writing and for reporting these issues.

1. Indeed, Expanded and CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick properties do not raise PropertyChanged event. This is not correct and we are going to fix this.

2. I have investigated the case related to CollapseRibbonOnTabDoubleClick property. Indeed, this property does not work as expected. If set to false, the Expanded property of RadRibbonBar control will not expand/collapse the selected tab. However, expand/collapse logic will continue working upon mouse double-click on a tab.

I would like to also inform you that these issues have already been addressed and fixes will be available in the Q1 2010 release of RadControls for WinForms, as well as for the beta version we are going to release soon.

I have also updated your Telerik points for bringing our attention to this issue.

Thanks for you time.

Kind regards,

Deyan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Frank Chou
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 01:29 AM
Hi Deyan,

Sorry, Can You tell me how to  collapse  the ribbon bar ? thanks.

Edwin
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 03:48 PM
Hi Frank Chou,

Thanks for writing and for your question.

To collapse RadRibbonBar you can either set the Expanded property to false, or double-click on a RibbonTab. Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how to programmatically collapse the control:
protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
{
    base.OnLoad(e);
    this.radRibbonBar1.Expanded = false;

}

Here, I am using the OnLoad event of the form to set this property.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Adrian Dinu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Frank Chou
Top achievements
Rank 1