This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Clustered Bar Chart - Dual X axis labels. Is this possible?

5 Answers 144 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 12 Sep 2012, 03:44 PM
What I'd like to achieve is like these two image attachments which were created in Excel. I'd like to have two levels of X-Axis labelling. I'd also like to have clustered and stacked.

Is this possible with the Telerik WPF charting tools?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2012, 07:27 AM
Hi Mike,

You can use the StackedBar series type demonstrated here ( the demo is the same for WPF as well ).

As for the two levels of X-Axis labels, unfortunately this is not supported out of the box, however, you can achieve the same result by placing 2 or more charts next to each other, collapse the Y axes of all charts ( as well as the legends ), except for the one on the left, and then simply use the axes labels for the first level of labeling and the axes titles of the different charts for the second level of labeling.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2012, 05:45 PM
Is it possible to have a code example of this provided?
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 07:56 AM
Hello Mike,

Please, find attached a sample test application demonstrating the described approach.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Xue Kun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Nikolay,

Will this feature be implemented? I think it doesn't make sense to create the 2nd graph just for the X-axis.

Thanks!

Regards,
Xue Kun
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Xue Kun,

Unfortunately this feature is not in our immediate future plans for RadChart. Please, excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1