Checkbox in Header

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Heather
    Heather avatar
    54 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2010 Link to this post

WPF 4.0, VB, 2010.3.110.40

If I put a button in the Header and click on it the IsExpanded property of the expander does not change (as I expected).
    If I put a checkbox in the Header and click on it the IsExpanded property DOES change (as well as the IsChecked of the checkbox.  How can I have a checkbox in my header but not have it process as if the Expander Headerbar was clicked?

<telerik:RadExpander IsExpanded="True">
            <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
            <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
            <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />
          <Label Content="Filter Options" />
          <Button Grid.Column="1" Content="Test" />
          <CheckBox Name="showgrouppanel" Content="Show GroupBy Area" Grid.Column="2" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Right" />
  2. Petar Mladenov
    Petar Mladenov avatar
    2882 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Hi Heather,

Unfortunately, this appears to be a bug in the RadExpander. I have logged it in our PITS system ( Expander: Checkbox in the Expander`s Header fires the Expand/Collapse event of the expander). I updated your points accordingly.

Petar Mladenov
    the Telerik team
    Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. David
    David avatar
    3 posts

Posted 23 Feb 2011 Link to this post

I am having the same issue with a ComboBox in the header of an Expander. I was hoping to get a status update on this issue. We're hoping to launch a product at the beginning of April and would really like to be able to use this particular UI.
  5. Tina Stancheva
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2011 Link to this post

Hello David,

The issue should be fixed with the upcoming Q1 2011 official release. I hope this time frame is acceptable for you.

Tina Stancheva
    the Telerik team
    Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!