Chart Not Displaying Bars

Thread is closed for posting
2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Tony
    Tony avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2012 Link to this post

    I am having a problem with a chart I am trying to implement where it will not show any bars going up the bar graph.  A pie chart will display all of the data, but all other chart types fail.  I have confirmed the data is being entered into the dt and my code below shows you how I am doing this.  I have also included a screenshot of what the output on the graph is as well as a screenshot of the data after the loop completes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

    Protected Sub CreateChart()
            Dim dt As New DataTable
            Dim dc As DataColumn
            Dim dr As DataRow
            Dim ctr As Integer = 0
            Dim usableMonths As String = Me.Invoice.Custom45.ToString()
            Dim usableData As String = Me.Invoice.Custom46.ToString()
            Dim months() As String = usableMonths.Split(New [Char]() {","c})
            Dim data() As String = usableData.Split(New [Char]() {","c})
            dc = New DataColumn("XValues", Type.GetType("System.Int32"))
            dc.AutoIncrement = True
            dc.AutoIncrementSeed = 300
            dc = New DataColumn("XDesc", Type.GetType("System.String"))
            dc = New DataColumn("YValues", Type.GetType("System.Double"))
            While ctr <= months.Length - 2
                dr = dt.NewRow
                If String.IsNullOrEmpty(months(ctr).ToString().Trim()) Then
                    dr(1) = " "
                    dr(1) = months(ctr)
                End If
                If String.IsNullOrEmpty(data(ctr).ToString().Trim()) Then
                    dr(2) = 0
                    dr(2) = Convert.ToDouble(data(ctr))
                End If
                ctr += 1
            End While
            Me.RadChart1.DataSource = dt
            Dim usage As New Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries("Usage", Telerik.Charting.ChartSeriesType.Bar)
            usage.DataXColumn = "XValues"
            usage.DataYColumn = "YValues"
            usage.Appearance.BarWidthPercent = 30
            usage.DefaultLabelValue = String.Empty
            usage.Visible = True
            Me.RadChart1.Width = Unit.Pixel(480)
            Me.RadChart1.Height = Unit.Pixel(200)
            Me.RadChart1.ChartTitle.Visible = False
            Me.RadChart1.Legend.Visible = False
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "XDesc"
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance.AutoTextWrap = Telerik.Charting.Styles.AutoTextWrap.True
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.MajorGridLines.Visible = False
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.MinorGridLines.Visible = False
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.MinorGridLines.Visible = False
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Top = Telerik.Charting.Styles.Unit.Pixel(20)
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Right = Telerik.Charting.Styles.Unit.Pixel(10)
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Bottom = Telerik.Charting.Styles.Unit.Pixel(40)
            Me.RadChart1.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Left = Telerik.Charting.Styles.Unit.Pixel(50)
            Me.RadChart1.Skin = "Classic"
        End Sub
  2. Tony
    Tony avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2012 Link to this post

    We figured this out.  The dc.AutoIncrementSeed was set to 300 when it should have been 1
  3. Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core is out
Back to Top