Chart Legend

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Tim
    Tim avatar
    2 posts

Posted 23 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hello,

I'm attempting to display a chart legend but I'm running into an issue. The Title of series (there are three series) displays but the colour portion of the legend is not being displayed. I have tried both forms below:

<telerikPrimitives:RadLegendControl LegendProvider="{Binding ElementName=someChart}" Grid.Row="3">

and  

<DataTemplate>
      <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
      <Ellipse Fill="{Binding Fill}" Stroke="{Binding Stroke}" StrokeThickness="1" Width="10" Height="10"/>
      <TextBlock Text="{Binding Title}" Foreground="{Binding Fill}" Margin="10"/>
      </StackPanel>
    </DataTemplate>

I inspected the items being bound to the Ellipse and TextBlock and they're LegendItem's but it seems that the Fill and Stroke aren't set to anything.

Is this a known issue?

Notes that I'm using UI for Universal Windows Platform (version 2015.3.1117).

Thanks,

Tim

2. Pavel R. Pavlov
    Admin
    Pavel R. Pavlov avatar
    1182 posts

Posted 26 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hi Tim,

I tried to reproduce the reported issue on our side using the code from this article (along with your customized ItemTemplate) and the 2015.2.1117.45 version of our controls. It seems that the code works as expected and I could not see any issues during building or running the test application.
    I would like to turn your attention to the fact that there is a palette applied to the RadCartesianChart.

Please ensure there is a palette applied to your chart and try your custom application one more time.

Regards,
    Pavel R. Pavlov
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Tim
    Tim avatar
    2 posts

Posted 30 Nov 2015 in reply to Pavel R. Pavlov Link to this post

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for the reply, you are right on the money, I didn't have a palette applied to my chart, my bad.

Thanks,
    Tim.