This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CellEditEnded event not always firing in the 2013 objects

5 Answers 45 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leslie asked on 06 Mar 2014, 04:25 PM
Hi,
I've been having trouble with the CellEditEnded event not firing properly in all cases.  This appears to be an issue only in the 2013 telerik objects as the same functionality was working fine in the 2010 ones.  I have a sample project for the 2013 issue where I have been able to recreate the issue.  But I cannot attach the sample poject here as only images are allowed (screenshot showing my UI attached).   I have two grids in two controls.  One is embedded within the other.

1.  I have a breakpoint in MainPage.xaml.cs in the m_gridQuotas_CellEditEnded method.
2.  I run the project main page and then click in the editable field.
3.  I change the value, then do NOT tab or click anywhere else on that line. 
4.  I click only on the the + sign over to immediately expand the lower grid section only (the secondary embedded control), then click within one of the fields to edit it.  This does not trigger the m_gridQuotas_CellEditEnded event in the upper grid as it should (and as it does with the 2010 objects). 
5.  If I go back to the upper grid and edit the field again and tab or click within the line the m_gridQuotas_CellEditEnded event WILL trigger correctly and will hit the breakpoint.

This behaviour only started occurring the telerik objects version 2013.3.1016.1050.  I have the same project working fine that uses the telerik objects version 2010.2.924.1040.   

Is this a known defect?  Is there a workaround to resolve it?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2014, 04:28 PM
As a note, I am testing and running this in IE 8.0.  
Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2014, 04:44 PM
But I am also seeing the issue when debugging in "Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m" as well.
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2014, 05:20 PM
Hello Leslie,

Actually, this is the expected behavior. However, if you want to commit the editing operation, you can invoke GridView's CommitEdit method when the details are expanded. I have prepared a sample project showing you the approach.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2014, 12:32 PM
Hi Yoan,  this partially solves the issue.   I see it triggers when clicking the expand "+" option on the same row.  But please try the following in the sample you attached:

1.  First expand the Chelsea row so you can see all 4 sub rows.
2.  Now change the Chelsea row value for stadium.
3.  Now immediately click in one of the subrows 'number' items.
4.  The commit still does not trigger for the main change in the Chelsea row. 

How can this be resolved so that it always commits the Chelsea row no matter where/how you click elsewhere.
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2014, 09:52 AM
Hello Leslie,

You can invoke parent's grid CommitEdit method when the selection in its child is changed. In order to achieve this, you can subscribe to child's SelectionChanged event:
private void playersGrid_SelectionChanged_1(object sender, SelectionChangeEventArgs e)
       {
           this.clubsGrid.CommitEdit();
       }

I have updated the sample project from my previous reply. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Leslie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yoan
Telerik team