Thank you for reporting this issue, I can confirm it is a bug in our CLI.
From the error message I see that the Windows OS username you use contains spaces, which is why the Android-related commands fail. As a workaround until a fix is released, I suggest that you install and configure the path to the Android SDK:
- Download the Android SDK from here https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#Other
- Follow the installation steps, described here https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools. Note that, the installation path should not contain spaces.
- After the installation is complete, add the following file paths to the PATH system environment variable:
- Path to tools directory in the Android SDK installation folder. For example, PATH=..;..;C:\Android\android-sdk\tools
- Path to platform-tools directory in the Android SDK installation folder. For example, PATH=..;..;C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
Now, AppBuilder CLI
will use the Android-related tools from the SDK and both commands should work.
As a token of our gratitude for your report, I've updated your Telerik points.