This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot use Any Telerik silverlight Dll (RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2)

1 Answer 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mirza Irfan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mirza Irfan asked on 13 Sep 2012, 03:13 AM
We have just purchased Telerik licences. I have downloaded and installed RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2. The binaries get installed in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2\Binaries\Silverlight

As soon as I try to add reference to any of the dlls e.g. Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll or Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll or any thing to my Silverlight 4 project (not a web project). I get a message 

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
You can't add a reference to Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll as it was not built against the Silverlight runtime. Silverlight projects will only work with Silverlight assemblies.
OK   

I am able to add references to the Asp.net hosting web project but ofcourse shouldn't I be able to use Silverlight controls in Silverlight? Why do the dlls seem to be not built using Silverlight runtime? Please help as soon as possible. This is a big impediment.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Sep 2012, 05:06 AM
Mirza,
if you are working on a Silverlight 4 application, you need to use the Silverlight 4 version of the DLLs.
Under the download page that lists all your products, on the RadControls for Silverlight tiles, click on Browse all product files. Then, you can download the DLLs for Silverlight 4.
Unfortunatly, the zip file is not correct and cannot be completely unzipped. I've already posted a thread for this.
In between, from the Silverlight tiles, click on Older Versions and take the DLLs for version 725, they are working fine.
Patrick
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mirza Irfan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron