This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot run Fiddler in WS 2012 - Unable to use NetIsoEnumAppContainers to get AppContainer list. WinConfig button cannot be run

2 Answers 508 Views
FiddlerCore
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Veljko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veljko asked on 08 Apr 2016, 11:06 AM

Hi,

I have big issue with fiddler in Windows Server 2012 and IE 11.
When I run fiddler, it offers me WinConfig option to click from top left corner but it throws errors:
Unable to use NetIsoEnumAppContainers to get AppContainer list.
ErrorCode: 0x0
Attempting manual registry crawl; some information will be unavailable.
I am receiving error: Failed to get AppContainer info   as WinConfig action.

My Windows Firewall Service in services.msc is started and windows firewalls for  domain, public and private network are off.
I read that for someone starting the Windows Firewall Service resolved the issue but it is already started on my server.

I read on internet:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/fiddler/2011/12/10/revisiting-fiddler-and-win8-immersive-applications/
https://mymemorysucks.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/issues-with-fiddler-on-windows-8-1-and-ie-11/

but could not find solution.

What should I do to enable this since I really need Fiddler in order to collect data on the server.

Thank you,

Veljko

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
INS
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2019, 05:41 AM
same question
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2019, 04:48 PM
Hi INS,

Apologies, this is a duplicate and has been answered in the Original Thread. As stated in the original post, try disabling the firewall and testing. For more information, see the Fiddler Not working for Windows 8 Apps post.

Note that we monitor both communication channels and suggest all additional questions be posted in the original thread. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Eric R
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
FiddlerCore
Asked by
Veljko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
INS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team