It appears that the steps you followed are correct and should produce the expected result. Same is confirmed by the project you attached in another support thread.
Unfortunately, it is not clear what the possible cause for the problem might be. Allow me to try to identify it based on some further information.
When invoking the registration logic for push notification what happens behind the scenes is:
- native code tries to obtain push token from the platform vendor (the push service for Windows Phone)
- if obtained, the push token and the device parameters are sent to the Telerik Platform server
Because the above steps happen in the specified order, the registration in the backend will not happen before the push registration token is received.
The reason you are receiving the error that push notifications are currently initializing is that the application is awaiting for the native code to return from obtaining a push token from the vendor server. This token is required to ensure the communication between the sending server and the device.
Unfortunately, we cannot confirm the reason for the delay of the token being pushed to the device. This operation happens sometimes immediately, or may take a longer time, or may not finish at all. Because we have identified that such issues may be related to the Cordova version, network or to the vendor service, I suggested that you try:
- A different Cordova version
- Switching to the Windows 8.0 SDK in your project
- A Windows 8.1 device or another Windows Phone device
- A different network, some networks do not allow the push registration with the vendor
- Sometimes Windows Phones do not receive immediately a push token from the vendor, it may be received subsequently, so it may be necessary to do not block the app UI with the push registration logic
- Is the sample working for you for another device platform
I hope that this helps.