This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot Install on TFS 2010 Server

6 Answers 85 Views
TFS Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin asked on 15 Jul 2010, 06:17 PM
I am trying to install TeamPulse on a machine running Windows Server 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, and TFS 2010. When starting the setup for TeamPulse, it immediately informs me I must have Team Explorer 2010 or 2008 installed. Upon trying to install TE 2010, I get an error that I have to uninstall TFS 2010 RC. The machine originally had TFS2010RC, but has been upgraded to the final release version.

I am installing TeamPulse in an attempt to integrate it with TFS 2010. TeamPulse requires Team Explorer. Team Explorer requires no TFS. I'm stuck here, could anybody lend some knowledge how to get through this?

If my TFS configuration is important, The machine I am installing on hosts TFS, but the database, reporting services, and analysis services are on another machine.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 12:14 AM
I ended up having to switch servers - I never solved this. But if somebody has an idea, I (and quite possibly others) would like to know
Missing User
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 04:23 PM
Hello Kevin,

I'm not sure I understand your post. You were trying to install TE 2010 on the same server as your TFS 2010 install and it wouldn't work? Do you remember the error that was being displayed?

Thanks,
Jesse Dyck
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 05:30 PM
I found the error in the log file. I believe it said:

"Please uninstall the following products before installing Team Explorer: Team Foundation Server 2010 RC - ENU"
Missing User
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 05:42 PM
Hello Kevin,

If you were trying to instal the RTM version of TE2010, then yes you would need to uninstall the RC of TFS 2010 and install the new one. The RTM versions are not compatible with the RC versions. If you get a chance, let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,
Jesse Dyck
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2010, 05:21 PM
The TFS2010 RC version was upgraded to the release version already, RC isn't installed anymore.
Missing User
answered on 27 Jul 2010, 03:19 PM
Hello Kevin,

The only thing that i could think is that there was some sort of remnent from TFS2010 RC that was preventing the install.

Best wishes,
Jesse Dyck
the Telerik team
Tags
TFS Integration
Asked by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Missing User
Share this question