This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot close Visual Studio 2010 as assembly was not loaded

3 Answers 137 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 12 Dec 2013, 03:50 AM
Hi,

I could not close Visual Studio 2010 after the latest update. I updated on 11/12/2013
Everytime I tried to close VS2010, VS stopped me with below error msg (img attached)
"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.VSX.ErrorReporting.2013.2.925.0, Version=2013.2.925.0, .."

I am using: VS 2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1 Rel

Could you please advise?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 11:32 AM
Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that the Telerik WebUI VSExtensions package installation is corrupted. I would suggest you reinstalling the package. You can follow these steps:

1. Open Visual Studio 2010 as administrator and go to Tools -> Extension Manager...
  2. Find Telerik WebUI VSExtensions in the Installed Extensions section and click Uninstall button. If Telerik WebUI VSExtensions is not listed go straight to the next step.    
  3. Find Telerik UserSettings VSExtensions in the Installed Extensions section and click Uninstall button. If Telerik WebUI VSExtensions is not listed go straight to the next step.
  4. Restart VS2010.
  5. Go to Extension Manager... -> Online Gallery. In the Search Online Gallery field (in the top right corner) type "Telerik WebUI VSExtensions ".  Download and install the Telerik WebUI VSExtensions package.
  6. Restart VS2010 and check if the issue persist.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Dimitar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tristan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi, I have the same issue after uninstalling Telerik. There is nothing Telerik related on the VS2010 Extension Manager. I have tried re-installing Telerik and managed to remove 2 of 3 Telerik's tools within the Extension Manager. I did not see one referring to Telerik WebUI VSExtensions. I am using this offline. Please help. Thanks.
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2014, 03:49 PM
Hi Tristan,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Telerik VS extensions. I would recommend you to perform manual removal in order to resolve the problem on your side. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Close all Visual Studio 2010 instances.
  2. Delete Telerik folders from the following locations: %programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions and %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Petar
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Tristan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petar