This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't we use RadFormDecorator in sharepoint 2010 visual web part

1 Answer 21 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Arun Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 2
Arun Kumar asked on 30 Aug 2013, 04:48 PM
Hi,

I am developing sharepoint 2010 visual web part. In that web part I am using telerik controls. I want to set skin for those controls. Instead of setting skin for individual control I want to use RadFormDecorator. If I place RadFormDecorator and set skin, I cannot access the dropdownlist, radgrid. Its like readonly control. Is there any other setting needs to be done ?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Arun,

Please note that the RadFormDecorator applies skinning to the HTML elements on the page, rather than the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. You can find the full list of skinned elements in this help article.

If you want to control the skinning of multiple RadControls you can either use the RadSkinManager or register the skin globally in web.config (check the last section) if you want it applied to the whole site.

As for the issue you have encountered, please elaborate so that I can help you accordingly. If the controls are unresponsive, this could mean that there is a problem with their client-side objects, although I cannot suggest anything concrete without examining the actual setup. Please try preparing a simple, fully runnable sample that isolates the issue so that I can inspect it locally and provide a more to the point answer.

Regards,
Slav
Telerik
Explore the entire set of ASP.NET AJAX controls we offer here and browse the myriad online demos to learn more about the components and the features they incorporate.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Arun Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Slav
Telerik team
Share this question
or