When you try use the Add or Remove Programs tool in the Control
Panel to remove RadControls for WinForms
may receive the following error message: Error 1325 -
File name is not a valid short file name.
This issue may occur if you have reinstalled RadControls for WinForms on a
new drive after you moved or removed the drive in which RadControls for WinForms was
To resolve this issue:
- Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (Microsoft Knowledge Base: 290301 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/)
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Install Clean Up.
- From the list of installed programs, click RadControls for WinForms, and then click Remove. Note that the exact name of this entry may vary.
- Click OK to confirm the removal, and then click Exit.
- Restart your computer, and then install RadControls for WinForms.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.