This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't uninstall RadControl for Winforms Q1 2008 SP1

3 Answers 146 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Changhong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Changhong asked on 08 Aug 2008, 08:41 AM
I tried to uninstall RadControl for Winforms Q1 2008 SP1, but came up with this error message: "error 1325. VS2005P UBASM is not a valid short file name". I am runing Vista, Visual Studio 2008. Can anyone help?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2008, 09:09 AM
Hello Changhong,

When you try use the Add or Remove Programs tool in the Control Panel to remove RadControls for WinForms, you may receive the following error message: Error 1325 - File name is not a valid short file name.

This issue may occur if you have reinstalled RadControls for WinForms on a new drive after you moved or removed the drive in which RadControls for WinForms was originally installed.

To resolve this issue:
  1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (Microsoft Knowledge Base: 290301 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/)
  2. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Install Clean Up.
  3. From the list of installed programs, click  RadControls for WinForms, and then click Remove. Note that the exact name of this entry may vary.
  4. Click OK to confirm the removal, and then click Exit.
  5. Restart your computer, and then install  RadControls for WinForms.

Greetings,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
David Berman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 04:39 PM
This solution no longer works.  If you go to that page, Microsoft informs you that the download is no longer provided because it caused other problems.

I am having trouble uninstalling Telerik RadControls for WinForms Q1 2010 SP1 - After running almost to completion it freezes.  I left it overnight and it was still hung in the morning.  How do I uninstall it?

David
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2011, 03:22 PM
Hello David,

Thank you for writing.

Please find attached to my response the file that my colleague Dimitar has mentioned. Should you continue experiencing this issue, do not hesitate to write back.

Best wishes,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Changhong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
David Berman
Top achievements
Rank 2