Can't hide RadDataPager in 2012 Q1

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jan Hansen
    Jan Hansen avatar
    18 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2012 Link to this post

I just switched from 2011 Q3 to 2012 Q1 (2012.1.215.40) and the datapager on my main search page instantly became visible in both firefox and chrome. It used to be invisible, as I've done this:

<telerik:RadDataPager ID="uiDataPager1" runat="server" PagedControlID="uiSearchResults"
                                    PageSize="10"
                                    Visible='<%# Container.PageCount != 1%>'
                                    >

The control is intended to be hidden when no results are found, i.e. PageCount != 1. This used to work. Now, the datapager is rendered as a gray box with this HTML

<div id="ctl00_MainContent_uiSearchResults_uiDataPager1" class="RadDataPager RadDataPager_Default">
                    <input type="hidden" name="ctl00_MainContent_uiSearchResults_uiDataPager1_ClientState" id="ctl00_MainContent_uiSearchResults_uiDataPager1_ClientState" autocomplete="off">
                </div>

I would consider this to be a bug.

Any idea for a workaround until a fix is ready?

Best regards

Jan

2. Antonio Stoilkov
    Admin
    Antonio Stoilkov avatar
    530 posts

Posted 22 Feb 2012 Link to this post

Hi Jan,

You could resolve your issue by setting the Visible property of the RadDataPager in Page_Load or other appropriate event. I have examined the provided code and was not able to replicate the issue. I have attached the project I used for testing. You could take a look at it and see if there are any differences at your end.

Greetings,
    Antonio Stoilkov
    the Telerik team
    Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017