This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can Outlook 2010 Pst files be imported?

7 Answers 69 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 11 Nov 2011, 02:30 AM
I noticed a great deal of files being supported. Is there a way to import outlook emails? Either directly from pst or some intermediate method?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2011, 02:27 PM
Hello David,

Thank you for the positive feedback about the supported file formats.
When it comes to PST, we have not considered it as a format we should support, because its use is rather limited. I will bring the question for discussion, but since the demand for the feature is rather low, it will probably not be scheduled for implementation at this point. 
As for your other question, there are some tools and software that is able to convert PST files to one of the supported formats (RTF and HTML for example), but we have little knowledge of the quality of conversion.
I hope this answers your questions.

Greetings,
Iva Toteva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2011, 02:35 PM
Ok thank you. One more question. If I use the xaml provider format will it also contain objects like images, tables, etc? Thanks again.
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 11:26 AM
Hi David,

Yes, XamlFormatProvider serializes all document elements, including images, tables, headers and footers, comments, etc.

Best wishes,
Iva Toteva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 05:25 AM
Do you have any sample code as to how I might use the xamlprovider to have both text and images and also perhaps files in my richtextbox?
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 10:52 AM
Hello David,
RadRichTextBox document model doesn't support files. You can find more info about using our format providers is this help article. If you want to use data binding, the article about data providers may help you as well.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Best wishes,
Boby
the Telerik team

Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2014, 01:19 AM
Any update on this question about accessing data in Microsoft Outlook 2012 *.pst files?

Does either Telerik Data Access or Telerik Reporting provide a convenient means of accessing the email data in Outlook *.pst files and then generating reports on that data?
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2014, 02:06 PM
Hi Carl,

This forum thread concerns the RadRichTextBox for WPF control and what Iva said in her reply is still valid - due to the low demand for this functionality (in fact, we haven't received any other requests for this) we are not considering the implementation of the feature any time soon. Actually, RadRichTextBox is more of a word processor, allowing to create, import and export flow document, so the request is a bit out of the scope of the control.

As far as the other two Telerik products that you mentioned are concerned, Telerik Data Access does not support PST files either. You could submit a feature request for this on the public Ideas & Feedback Portal of the product: Telerik Data Access

Telerik Reporting provides data source components allowing you to retrieve data from CSV files, SQL databases or any business objects which can access the data from your PST files. Thus to use PST files to create reports, you still need a third-party library to read them.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1