Can not find embedded skin after framework change

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    9 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2012

    Posted 24 May 2013 Link to this post

    I upgraded a project to use the 2013 Q1 Telerik dlls and now am receiving the 'unable to find embedded skin 'Vista'.  The project works fine on my machine, but errors out when I move it to the test environment.  The project was upgraded to use the 4.5 framework, but had to be reverted to 4.0, not sure if this could be causing the issue.  Steps I have taken to troubleshoot:

    1. Made sure I had the same versions of telerik.web.ui.dll and telerik.web.ui.skins.dll
    2. Verified they both were present in the bin folder on the test site
    3. Deleted the site and recreated it
    4. Deleted my bin folder and re-added my references
    5. Used different skins such as Vista, Office2010Blue, and Web20

    Any ideas what I am missing here or what else I could try?

     

  2. Answer
    Danail Vasilev
    Admin
    Danail Vasilev avatar
    1490 posts

    Posted 29 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Ryan,

    This seems to be an issue with the reference of the RadControls DLL files in your project. For example it may be possible that you have successfully updated the old DLLs in your BIN folder, but the project references some of the DLLs from the GAC, which are different version.

    Please find attached a short video that demonstrates how to check the DLL references in your Visual Studio project.

    What I can suggest you is to have a look at this blog post, that gives you 6 easy steps on how to upgrade/revert your version of RadControls.



    Regards,
    Danail Vasilev
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    9 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2012

    Posted 29 May 2013 Link to this post

    Thanks,

    I am not sure what was happening.  I ended up rebuilding a new project, transferring all the files, then re-adding the references (exactly how I was previously doing it) and everything works fine.  I think it might have just been an issue with the project because the same telerik dll's work in the new project.
Back to Top