This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can application still use 2016 Telerik ASP.NET UI ASO.NET_AJAX download

1 Answer 21 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
diane asked on 21 Apr 2017, 07:24 PM

To run a vb.net 2010 web form application, I have previously used Telerik ASP.NET UI ASO.NET_AJAX_2016 Dev.msi download files so the application would run successfully.
In the past I have found out that if I do not have the current Telerik tool installed, the application had unpredictable results. Basically when the .net application ran on the test application server, I got errors when I accessed the Telerik tool contained within the .net application. Is this still the same issue? Can I continue to use the version of the Telerik tool the application is accessing currently ? If so, can you tell me how long I can continue to use the same version of the Telerik tool?

If not, can you tell me what version of the Telerik tool I need to install?
**I am asking this question since I do not know if my latest install of the Telerik ASP.NET UI ASO.NET_AJAX_2017_1_228_Dev.msi installed correctly.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2017, 12:26 PM

Hi Diane,

You can use an old version of our controls in your application. To ensure you can work with it, store the Telerik assemblies in the BIN folder, reference them from the BIN folder and keep them in your source control.

As for upgrading - as a general rule of thumb, the latest version is best because it works with the contemporary browsers. Older versions may not work if the browser changed something, yet this will be highly specific to the use case, the features you use and the logic applied, so there is no single answer as to how long can you use an old version.

Some common problems when deploying are:

• the Telerik assemblies are not copied to the production/staging server
  • references to Telerik assemblies point to locations outside of the web app or to the GAC and the assemblies are not there
  • testing is done in IE and it enters Compatibility mode, and this must be avoided
  • authentication and/or some firewalls/proxies are enabled which breaks the network requests

Either of those can be causing issues with you and it is not necessarily the version of the controls.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or