This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't view report in designer - VS 2012, Silverlight app

2 Answers 44 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scot
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scot asked on 19 Nov 2015, 05:16 AM

Hello,

I am trying to modify a report but when I go to view it in the designer I get the following error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: instance".

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 Version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4 on Windows 7 64 bit.  The project with the report controls is using .NET 4.0.

The Telerik.Reporting dll is version 5.1.11.928.  This is a legacy Silverlight app that I need to modify.  I have not "installed" the Telerik reporting application on my box.  I do not have access to that.  All the code and Telerik dlls were in our source control already.  I can build and run the reports with no issue but I need to modify them.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2015, 12:47 PM
Hello Scot,

You can run reports without an installation of Telerik Reporting. However, it is required to have Telerik Reporting installed on the machine in order to edit reports.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Scot
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2015, 06:49 PM

Thank you.  I was able to download the installer for that version and running it fixed the issue.

Scot

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Scot
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Scot
Top achievements