We use this setting only when the Control Panel fails to connect to the internet without a proxy. So it shouldn't cause any problems.
Our servers have a guaranteed speed of around 300KB/s so the issue may be due to a bottleneck somewhere between your provider and our servers. It may be a temporary issue as well so it can be faster next time.
You can also check with your system administrator if there are any applied network policies that could limit your download speed.
If you prefer using the offline installers for the required products, you can follow these steps to get them:
1. Log into your Telerik account
2. Under the "Products & Subscriptions" menu select DevCraft Complete
3. Access the downloads section (using the "Download Installer and other resources" button)
4. Click Browse all product files for a product you require
5. Click Automatic Installation to download the MSI file
I hope the provided information helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed