This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't Install 2014 versions of Just...

3 Answers 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 19 Mar 2014, 01:33 PM
Hi,
On my new and refreshed operating system I can't even install any of the Telerik  2014 programs,
recently before that I installed KendoUI as the only Telerik software,
I post the logs here maybe it could be useful,

I don't have this problem with any other installation file!
The progress doesn't change. and after some minutes I usually terminate it via killing the Windows Installer process.

Win 8.1 , VS 2013 sp1 , Admin

Thanks for any help

Log:
http://pastebin.com/vhvYuqCv

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2014, 03:59 PM
Hi Robert,

In the log you have sent everything seems right except that when the actual installation should begin the installer is killed as you explained in your post. Could you try to wait a little bit longer before killing the installation process as there might be some installer's job in progress which may cause this issue?

Please write again if the problem persists.

Regards,
Momchil
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2014, 09:23 AM
At first one or two times I waited more, and I had gotten an error telling can't install,
In the installation log which I sen't to you I was waiting about 5 minutes with no progress,
(here is i7 processor)
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2014, 05:08 PM
Hello Robert,

Could you try the following:
  1. Start command prompt as Administrator
  2. Run the command "msiexec /i [Path to JustCode.msi]" -l*v [Path to log file]"
  3. Send us the installation log if the problem occurs again.

It might also be helpful if you could use the Process Monitor utility to record a log file with the activity of msiexec.exe at the time when the installation hangs and send it together with the installation log from the steps above.

Regards,
Momchil
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Momchil
Telerik team
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1