This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Caliburn.Micro

4 Answers 84 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 23 Jul 2011, 04:49 AM
I'm curious given you have a video up on Caliburn.Micro are there any plans to include custom conventions for the Telerik controls in Caliburn? Or should I be rolling my own (which appears to be a daunting task given how new I am to Caliburn)?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing. Currently we do not have plans to provide custom conventions but since you are asking about it, we will consider what benefits they can provide to our control suite, if any.

Please write again if you have other questions.

Greetings,
Victor
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Mauro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2011, 11:19 AM
I was just wondering if it would be possible to get a bunch of these conventions for WP7 and host them somewhere (GitHub???) Then everyone using Caliburn.Micro and the Telerik WP7 Controls could just grab the conventions from there?
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Mauro,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, if we decide to provide conventions they will probably be packed in the installer with the control suite itself. One download to rule them all :). I think it would be inconvenient for our customers if we uploaded the conventions on a different website because they would have to download two different software packages and then will have to manually glue them together in order to work. What do you think?

Kind regards,
Victor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Mauro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Victor,

Yip, I agree that would be first prize to package them in the installer. It would be a much better experience for the end user :)

Regards,
Mauro
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Mauro