This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Calendar with Office 2013 theme

5 Answers 76 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alex R. asked on 27 Jan 2014, 06:33 PM
My calendar, see attached image, when setting the theme to Office 2013 loses some of the key styling.  The days seem to be missing, selected range doesn't show any highlighting, and the current day is not formatting the day fore color.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

<UserControl.Resources>
    <ResourceDictionary>
        <telerik:BooleanToVisibilityConverter x:Key="BooleanToVisibilityConverter" />

<DataTemplate x:Name="cFontTemplate"
                  x:Key="cFontTemplateKey">
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Text}"
                   Foreground="Black"
                   FontWeight="ExtraBold" />
        </DataTemplate>
        <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/System.Windows.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.xaml"/>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.xaml"/>
        </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
    </ResourceDictionary>
</UserControl.Resources>

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2014, 08:58 PM
I am also having the same issue with the ribbon view
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2014, 09:31 PM
As a side note this is a user control, not wpf application.
Accepted
Masha
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2014, 12:00 PM
Hi Alex,

The problem with missing brushes and visual states comes from the fact that Palettes ResourceDictionaries doesn’t get initialized when implicit styles are added as resources in Window.Resources or UserControl.Resources collection.

To make this work when you are merging the implicit style files locally, you’ll have to initialize the corresponding theme ResourceDictionary in App.xaml for example:

<Application.Resources>
    <ResourceDictionary>
        <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            <telerik:Office2013ResourceDictionary />
        </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
    </ResourceDictionary>
</Application.Resources>

Another solution is to merge ResourceDictionaries in code behind like in the attached sample project.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
Masha
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2014, 03:51 PM
Hello Masha,

For this particular instance there is no WPF Application to set the application resources.  My main application is written in C++ and wraps the WPF User Control to display as a native widow. 

I have submitted a ticket as well with more details of my issue, including the C++ code launching the window.

Ticket 781437
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2014, 07:44 AM
Hi Alex,

Thank you, we will check the ticket.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Masha
Telerik team