This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

BUG REPORT Telerik_UI_For_WinForms_2017_2_613_Dev

1 Answer 77 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Curtis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Curtis asked on 24 Jun 2017, 02:33 AM

First off, I'm not sure where to report bugs so if this is in the wrong Forum my apologies.

I've been using Telerik Controls for several years now - LOVE THEM!

This bug is pretty nit-picky but I thought I'd report it so at least you folks are aware of the issue and can address it (or not!) at your leisure.

Settings:

OS - Windows 7 64bit

Language - VB.Net

Telerik Version:  UI for WinForms 2017 Q2 (build?) 613

Steps to reproduce:

1) Place any Telerik control on a form.

2) Click on the control in the form to Select it.

3) Click the little right-arrow at the top of the control (I *think* its called the "Task Button" ??)

3a) This brings up a "helper" menu for the control.

4) Select "Edit UI Elements"

4a) This brings up the "Element hierarchy editor"

This Editor is resizable and that's great news since many of these controls are super-nested and their names are quite lengthy so to see as much as possible, it's not to be able to resize this box....BUT

Nothing in this Dialog Box has been set to resize WITH the dialog box...sure the border of the box changes but the lists remain exactly where they were when it opened, exactly the same size.

It's really, really easy to get controls to follow the size/shape of their parent just by altering their anchors (I know your developers already know this...this last comment was for any customers who happen to be new at programming!)

4b) "Control Element Structure" Group should have its anchor set to Top, Bottom, Left

4c) The label, "Selected element: AAAAAAAAAA" should have its anchor set to Bottom, Left

4d) "Selected Element Properties" group should have its anchor set to Top, Bottom, Left, Right

4e) the panel directly below "Selected Element Properties" should have anchor = Bottom, Left, Right

4f) The "Close" button should have its anchor set to Bottom, Right.

Not for nothing but the dialog box itself should have a Min Size set so you can't make it so small there's nothing to see and while we're at it get rid of the Min and Max buttons...there's no reason for those to be on this dialog box.

Like I said in the beginning - very nit-picky!  Sorry but I'm all about the UI (which is why I use Telerik Controls in the first place and have for YEARS!) and stuff like this is just polish that gives a more professional look IMO.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes here - just trying to help!

-C

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2017, 09:41 AM
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for writing.

Yes, indeed this should be fixed. I have logged this issue in our Feedback Portal. You can track its progress, subscribe for status changes and add your comment to it here. I have also updated your Telerik Points.

Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Curtis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team