Bug - Stockchart starting 1/1/1970

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. David Whicker
    David Whicker avatar
    4 posts

Posted 21 Apr Link to this post

When creating a stockchart (with the navigator) setting the frequency to annual. If the dataset starts on 1/1/1970 the chart doesn't display anything. If you show a dataset starting before 1970 (which can include a value on 1/1/1970) the chart displays fine.
    I've got a temporarily fix - if the year is 1970 then I set the date to 2/1/1970 so the chart works as it should.

Kendo version: KendoUI-2014.2.1008 (don't judge, IE8)

2. T. Tsonev
    Admin
    T. Tsonev avatar
    2772 posts

Posted 25 Apr Link to this post

Hi,

I tried reproducing the issue in this dojo, but without great luck. What am I missing?

Using IE8 shouldn't be a problem. Still, you can try running this against the latest version to check if it's something we fixed.

Regards,
    T. Tsonev
    Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

3. Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready
  4. David Whicker
    David Whicker avatar
    4 posts

Posted 25 Apr in reply to T. Tsonev Link to this post

I think you've replicated the problem perfectly!

When running the script as you've created it, I get a blank chart (as per the first screenshot). When I change the line Date: new Date(1970, 0, 1 + i) to Date: new Date(1970, 0, 2 + i)  (i.e. changing it from starting on 1/1/1970 to starting on 2/1/1970) the chart displays as per my second screenshot.

I've tried this in Chrome 50.0.2661, Firefox 45.0.2 and IE11 and I see the same behaviour everywhere.

5. T. Tsonev
    Admin
    T. Tsonev avatar
    2772 posts

Posted 27 Apr Link to this post

Hi,

Then it surely must be the time zone. I was running the demo in EEST (Europe/Sofia). Switching to GMT "solved" it.

We'll investigate and try to provide a fix for the service releases following our R2 release next week.

I've updated our Telerik points as a token of gratitude for your involvement.

Regards,
    T. Tsonev
    Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready