Breaking change in data-bind="text:someFunction" between v2013.3.1324 and v2014.2.716?

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Greg
    Greg avatar
    1 posts

Posted 28 Jul 2014 Link to this post

Currently upgrading our Kendo UI library from 2013.3.1324 to 2014.2.716 and getting a breaking change in the way the MVVM data binding is working. I used to be able to get the element / event "target" as a function parameter, but now there is nothing passed when "get" calls the target function. Is there documentation I might have missed outlining this breaking change?

It can be demonstrated with the following JSBin (just swap out the Kendo UI src from 2013.3.1324 to 2014.2.716).,css,js,console,output

2. Petyo
    Petyo avatar
    2436 posts

Posted 30 Jul 2014 Link to this post

Hello Greg,

I replied to the same question in a support ticket from your colleague. For your convenience, I am pasting the answer here, too.

If I understand your case correctly, in 1324, the passed object (in fact, undocumented and more or less present by coincidence) is actually the view model instance. You can test that with `console.log(e == this);`. You can safely use `this` instead, as this approach is documented and works with 716 version too.

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!