This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Breaking change in data-bind="text:someFunction" between v2013.3.1324 and v2014.2.716?

1 Answer 51 Views
MVVM
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Greg asked on 28 Jul 2014, 08:50 PM
Currently upgrading our Kendo UI library from 2013.3.1324 to 2014.2.716 and getting a breaking change in the way the MVVM data binding is working. I used to be able to get the element / event "target" as a function parameter, but now there is nothing passed when "get" calls the target function. Is there documentation I might have missed outlining this breaking change?

It can be demonstrated with the following JSBin (just swap out the Kendo UI src from 2013.3.1324 to 2014.2.716).
http://jsbin.com/qetag/1/edit?html,css,js,console,output

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2014, 01:42 PM
Hello Greg,

I replied to the same question in a support ticket from your colleague. For your convenience, I am pasting the answer here, too.

If I understand your case correctly, in 1324, the passed object (in fact, undocumented and more or less present by coincidence) is actually the view model instance. You can test that with `console.log(e == this);`. You can safely use `this` instead, as this approach is documented and works with 716 version too.

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
MVVM
Asked by
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petyo
Telerik team
Share this question
or