This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Blank reports

2 Answers 121 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 13 Dec 2016, 08:50 AM

Having a problem with one of my reports, it either gets blank or shows the same data regardless of which value I set the (using only one parameter) report parameter to.

I have discovered that if I set the parameter to a value in the "Configure data source parameters" it will allways show a report with data based on that value. Even if I set another parameter by source code.

If I don't set the value of the parameter in "Configure data source parameters" the report shows up blank, regardless of which value I put into it at designtime (Preview) or runtime (by code).

It's like the value set by designtime or at runtime gets overrided by the value in "Configure data source parameters". If I leave value in "Configure data source parameters" blank the report will be blank.

I've checked all the things mentioned in "http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/problem-telerik-reporting-renders-blank-pages". I've tried re-create the data source. 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2016, 01:44 PM
Hi David,

When you configure the SqlDataSource component you can map the SQL parameters to report parameters - SqlDataSource Wizard (step 4).

The attached video illustrates the settings. It is a SWF file that can be previewed in IE browser.

In case the problem occurs when the report is displayed in the HTML5 Viewer, please test to upgrade Nutonsoft.Json.dll (JSON.NET Nuget package) to the latest available. If the message submitted by the viewer is not formatted correctly, it will not be read on the server.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2016, 08:04 AM

Hi,

Well, yes of course, I knew that. I just didn't think of it this time :-)

Thanks!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
David
Top achievements