This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Binding from RadGridView to RadComboBox

1 Answer 53 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
George asked on 18 Feb 2011, 02:45 PM
I have a grid that shows languages. When an item in the grid is selected I need to show that information in a detail view (Master/Detail). I cannot get the items to show up in the combobox tough

My combobox xaml looks like this.

<telerik:RadComboBox Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" Width="200" HorizontalAlignment="Left" EmptyText="--Select Language" DisplayMemberPath="DisplayText" ItemsSource="{Binding LanguageList, Mode=TwoWay}" SelectedItem="{Binding ElementName=LanguageGrid, Path=SelectedItem.LanguageLookupValue, Mode=TwoWay}"></telerik:RadComboBox>

someone on stackoverflow said to use SelectedValue over selected item. I have always used selectedItem when using comboboxes but usually im binding to some properties in my view model and its pretty straight forward. This seems like it should work but I can seem to get it right.

thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2011, 07:18 PM
Hi George,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please give us more information about you scenario? Attached you can find a sample that demonstrates how to integrate RadGridView with RadComboBox. I hope this helps.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Share this question
or