This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Auto-refresh RadGrid

9 Answers 910 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Prad asked on 21 May 2008, 12:28 PM
Does Telerik RadGrid (Win Form) have any auto-refresh property?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2008, 04:22 PM
Hello PRADEEP,

Thank you for writing.

Could you please clarify what's the scenario where you need to automatically refresh the RadGridView? Is the auto-refresh triggered by an outside event, such as a change in the dataset you're binding to, sorting, filtering, grouping or a change in the user interface of the component?

There is a High Refresh example in the RadGridView section of the Examples application. It shows the case where changes in the data source bound to the component triggers a refresh of the data shown by the RadGridView at a very high rate.

Please give me more information about your scenario to enable me to provide a more accurate response.

Greetings,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2009, 06:21 PM
I am in need of some help on this one.

I have a radgrid that is bound to a dataset. At some point i update the dataset with new information but it doesn't update in the radgrid unless i switch the page or manually refresh using the refesh button/F5.

I have tried using rebind() but to no avail.
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 08:43 AM
Hello Paul,

Is it possible that there is AJAX involved here? In case you ajaxified the grid via RadAjaxManager, ensure that you set the grid instance as an updated control via the corresponding RadAjaxManager setting(s).

In case the control resides inside MS UpdatePanel or RadAjaxPanel, test whether moving it outside of the panel makes a difference.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 08:54 AM
It is sat inside an Ajax Update Panel. I'll try your suggestion.

Thankyou
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 10:03 AM
I did as you suggested and removed the update panel but it still doesn't refresh. I even created a new blank page with nothing in except the minimal items needed to test the refresh and it still didn't refresh.

I am using radGrid1.Rebind(); after changing the contents of my DataSet.

?????

We've narrowed it down to the fact that we are binding to a dataset instead of using a direct bind to the database.

having tried both types, it works for an SQL Coonection but not for the dataset.
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Paul,

Can you please verify that you are using advanced binding with NeedDataSource handling for your grid?
This should ensure that the control will be bound implicitly when some built-in operations take place and will be refreshed explicitly when you invoke its Rebind() method. More information on the lifecycle of our web grid can be gathered from these sources:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdeventsequence.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdcommandsthatinvokerebindimplicitly.html

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Paul Taylor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2009, 10:43 AM
Our company has just bought rad controls so I'm answering this from a different account.

I actually solved this by using the following in the markup

function refreshNotes() {   
    var masterTable = $find("<%= rGridNotes.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView();   
    masterTable.rebind();  
}  

Thnx Sebastian

BB Agrawal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2010, 07:05 AM
Hi There,
I am using RadGrid control of telerik since a long time. I have an issue with sorting. I have created 5-6 usercontrols and put that on the same page. The last user control is having a RadGrid. When I click on any any header of the grid data gets sorted but that takes me to the starting of the page i.e. on the top of the page. So every time the user tries to sort data he has to scroll again to see the sorted data. Do we have any feature in telerik thru which we can avoid this?

A quick reply is expected.

Thanks!
BB Agrawal
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2010, 02:13 PM
Hi BB Agrawal,

The original post is related to RadGrid for WinForms and this is a forum for Winforms so I would like to ask you to ask your ASP.NET Ajax related question in the respective forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely yours,
Veskoni
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Prad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kiril
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1