Auto-dropdown GridViewComboBoxColumn on single-click Q2 2008

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Michael Yereniuk
    Michael Yereniuk avatar
    10 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2008 Link to this post

I was previously able to achieve a single click dropdown on a GridViewComboBoxColumn with the following code:

Private Sub RadGridView1_CellEditorInitialized(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellEventArgs) Handles RadGridView1.CellEditorInitialized 
            If Not (Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor Is Nothing) AndAlso (TypeOf Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor Is RadComboBoxEditor) Then 
                'CType(Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor, RadComboBoxeditor).ShowDropDown 
            End If 
        End Sub 

Now that I have upgraded to Q2 2008, the ShowDropDown event has disappeared.  I do not find any helpful advice within the release notes for Q2 2008.

Is there still a way to accomplish this?
  2. Dimitar Kapitanov
    Dimitar Kapitanov avatar
    632 posts

Posted 28 Jul 2008 Link to this post

Hello Michael,

We have updated our release notes accordingly and now they reflect the change. The new method is called ShowPopup. Also the CloseDropDown is substituted by ClosePopup method. The change is due to our combobox major refactoring, that required some external changes to the API also.  We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Dimitar Kapitanov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner